Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Fame comes to Genealogy's Star


I am guessing that the epitome of fame is to find your picture on a sign on an obscure dirt road in the middle of the Arizona desert. I can say that I was flattered to find out I had such an extensive market penetration (OK, I thought is was pretty strange also). But it turns out I had a very nice and well attended opportunity to speak at the Graham County Historical Society. The meeting place was a very nice accommodating building, that just happened to be out in the middle of the desert. In the afternoon, I also spoke to the wonderful people from the Safford FamilySearch Center. I just did not expect to see my photo out there in the wilderness. Thanks to both the Graham County Historical Society and the Safford, Arizona FamilySearch Center for a wonderful day and a tremendous opportunity to meet and talk to people that I will long remember for their hospitality.

Here is a closer shot of the announcement. They were using the signs to direct people to the meeting place which we would never have found but for a friend of a friend who drove my wife and I to Safford. Who drove in front of us to show us the way. So thanks also to Brent Bentley and his wife and daughter for driving us across the state to the conference and his friend who showed us how to get there.


1 comment:

  1. It would have been great to attend with you! I'm glad the presentations went well.

    ReplyDelete