Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Get Ready for Australia Day

File:Flag of Australia (converted).svg



If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you probably are aware that two of my family lines come through Australia and I have hundreds (perhaps thousands) of relatives in Australia. In fact, I have been doing some research on my Australian cousins just recently. I am not much into holidays but I do remember the major ones such as Australia Day on January 26th.

Here are a few introductions to Australia Day activities. Unless you speak "Aussie" you might need subtitles.





Waiting to say "G'day" to all my Australian friends at RootsTech 2016. I asked my wife if I could wear an Australian T shirt to the Conference one day and that is still under discussion.

4 comments:

  1. Love those Australia Day ads with our "Lambassador". Sadly, won't be at Rootstech this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James,

    I'll let you wear an Aussie T shirt. 7th generation Aussie who can speak Strine so need no interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LynRag - will you be at Rootstech? Aussies and other members of the Commonwealth are planning to get together on Tuesday evening.
    Of course, I look forward to seeing you again too James.

    ReplyDelete